Pages

Jo's Breakfast

Healthy Exchanges Food Newsletter September 1993, page 2.

1. Power Breakfast Sandwich-
2 slices reduced calorie bread. 1 tablespoon apple butter on one slice, 1 tablespoon peanut butter on the other and a tiny banana sliced in half between them. With a glass of milk, this is a breakfast you can eat even on the run.

2. Jo's "Granola"-
1 cup corn flakes, 1 tablespoon raisins, 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, 1 tiny banana, sliced, 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin and skim milk. It tastes as good as it crunches.

3. Instant Maple Raisin Oatmeal-
add 2 tablespoons raisins, 2 tablespoons Cary's Reduced Calorie Maple Syrup and skim milk to prepared oatmeal. It sure doesn't taste instant.

4. Cheese "n" Fruit English-
1 tablespoon Fat Free Cream Cheese and 1 tablespoon Spreadable Fruit on a toasted English Muffin half sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray. So good yet so quick.

5. Ole' Scramble Egg-
top scrambled egg with 2 tablespoons salsa, 1 tablespoon shredded reduced fat Cheddar Cheese and 1 tablespoon Fat Free Sour Cream. Your mouth will have a Fiesta with this taste sensation.

6. Cliff's Dried Chipped Beef Sauce on Toast-
This is a recipe I made up for Cliff when he called me from a truck stop and asked me to make SOS for him when he returned home. The recipe was featured in May of 1992. Cliff loves to have this for breakfast as much or more then I do.

7. Muffins-
I've frozen for future use. All I have to do is pop one in the microwave and it's ready in seconds. I don't use any margarine on my muffins. Apple butter or spreadable fruit is all I need.

I fill out the breakfasts as needed with skim milk and fruit.

No comments: